Oahu Vacation Tips
Seasoned travelers are always looking for shortcuts, tips, and tricks to make traveling easier and more enjoyable. Whether the vacation tips and tricks are finding new places to visit, ideas for packing a little more efficiently, or just knowledge of an area, there really is no such things as too much advice. For many, the more that you travel, the savvier you become, making long trips a breeze. We’ve got some Oahu vacation tips that will help you when you come to the island.
Oahu vacation tips:
- Get out and explore the island. There is more to Oahu than Waikiki Beach, and as great as it is, you need to see places like the North and South Shores, historic downtown Honolulu and Pearl Harbor, famous beaches, the lush rainforests, and so much more.
- Head to a local neighborhood for a day. All around Oahu, from Haleiwa to Kaimuki, charming local neighborhoods feature great shops and restaurants, and a peak at what life is like for locals and residents.
- Be comfortable with uncomfortable. Try a new activity or try food that you would normally not try. Live it up on vacation.
- Take part in activities. You won't regret it. Historic tours like a visit to Pearl Harbor is always fun, authentic Hawaiian luaus are a blast, and even adventurous tours like diving with sharks can be done on Oahu.
- Hang onto you lei. Whether your neck is draped with fresh flower lei at the airport upon arrival or at a luau (or both), hang onto your lei and enjoy the fragrance throughout your trip every time you enter your room.
- Find as many beaches as you can. There are so many beaches around the island’s coastline, each offering a different view and place to enjoy the natural beauty of Oahu. Find a secluded beach and soak Oahu in.
- Don't miss a single sunset. This is one of the features that makes Hawaii famous, so you can't miss a single stunning sunset. Sit on the beach, view from your hotel room lanai (balcony), head out to sea on a sunset dinner cruise, or watch from a perfectly situated lookout point. You will not be disappointed.
- Have fun. That’s the best Oahu vacation tip we can provide. Have fun while you’re here. No matter what you’re doing, just remember to enjoy yourself, the moments, and what the islands have to offer.
What are you most looking forward to doing on Oahu’s North Shore?
Hawaii Discount offers the internet’s largest selection of Oahu tours, Oahu Activities, and Maui travel packages.
Please make sure to book your activity well in advance of your trip, since tours fill up quickly.