Hawaii Shark Encounters
Come aboard the Kainani shark boat and experience an unforgettable shark cage tour off Oahu's North Shore. After your Haleiwa Harbor departure, you'll first cruise about three miles offshore. The shark cage will then be placed into the water and the first "victims" can prepare themselves to get in. Not to worry though, the shark cage will float on the surface and is very sturdy. No experience is necessary to participate in this exciting adventure!
Once inside the cage, you can literally get face to face with sharks. Get an up close look at sandbar, Galapagos and grey reef sharks. Sometimes hammerhead and tiger sharks are seen here as well. The sharks are all very curious and like to come close to the cage to check out their visitors. You may see as many as 30 at a time. A hot shower, and refreshments are included in this Oahu shark tour.
- Three mile boat ride to the shark ground off Oahu's North Shore
- See sharks up close from within the safety of a shark cage
- Plenty of great underwater photo opportunities
- Snorkel and mask are provided (but guests may also bring their own)
See Wild Sharks
Sharks Up Close
Shark Near Cage
In the Cage
- Where and When:
- Tour times:
7:00 am - 9:00 am
9:00 am - 11:00 am
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm (summer only)
Check in 30 minutes prior to your tour time at Haleiwa Small Boat Harbor, Oahu North Shore.
Take the H-1 West then H-2 North until the Wahiawa exit (#5). Drive through Wahiawa and continue North on Kamehameha Highway. Turn off at the Haleiwa exit and proceed to the Small Boat Harbor. You will find us to the left of the Harbor Master building. Drive time from the Waikiki area is approximately 1.5 hours.
From July 19th to August 9th, please allow for extra travel time. McCully St Bridge is being repaired and may cause heavier than usual traffic coming to and from Waikiki.
- The entry and exit into the cage requires you to be able to climb down a 5-step ladder.
You must be able to pull your own weight back up the ladder and into the boat.
- Special Notes:
- Roundtrip transportation from Waikiki is available as for an additional fee.
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily
- approximately 2 hours
- 32' Radon. This is an excellent vessel for holding the world’s largest cage on your Hawaii shark adventure.