What to Know About Oahu Before Your Trip
When you think about Oahu, a few things immediately come to mind. Pearl Harbor, the famous North Shore, and Diamond Head are among the most recognized sites and most popular places in all of Hawaii, but there is so much more to the island than just the most well-known sites. The island is a wonderful place to visit and there is so much to see, do, and discover. A vacation to Oahu will be one of your most favorite trips you ever take, and the more that you know about the island, the more memorable your trip will be. Here is what you need to know about Oahu before your trip:
- A large majority of the state’s population resides on Oahu, with approximately 75% of the state residing on the island.
- Hawaii’s state capital is Honolulu, located a short distance from Waikiki Beach, and where you will find historic sites that date back to the days of Hawaii’s Monarchy.
- Oahu’s South Shore is a sightseeing treasure, with many notable sites including Hanauma Bay, Halona Blowhole, Koko Head Crater, and Makapu’u Lookout
- Most visitors to Oahu stay along Waikiki Beach, where more than 100 hotels offer accommodations for everyone.
- Navigating the island is fairly easy, with 3 main thoroughfares connecting the island.
- Waimea Bay is one of the top big wave surf destinations in the world and the site of the Eddie Aikau Big Wave competition that was held to honor the legendary Hawaiian figure.
- A few of Hawaii’s most popular luaus are held on Oahu. Germaine’s Luau, Paradise Cove Luau, Chief’s Luau, and the Polynesian Cultural Center Luau are a few of the best luaus available.
- The beaches of Oahu are not limited to the North Shore. Waikiki Beach, Kailua Beach, and Lanikai Beach are just some of the amazing beaches you can spend a day at.
- Pearl Harbor is one of the sites on the island that you have to visit, taking the opportunity to honor, reflect, and pay respects to the heroes of World War II
Due to the high volume of visitors traveling to Hawaii year round, our Hawaii tours and activities sell out quickly. In many cases, tours sell out weeks or months in advance. To ensure your spots on tour, we recommend reserving your tours today. Call our office or book online to take advantage of our low price guarantee today.